Elbow Room Lab, a site-specific circus laboratory took place in Espoo on December 10th-12th.
This 2nd edition was organized by Ilmatila association in collaboration with Urban Mill Innovation Platform and supported by EDU Programme. Because of the current COVID-19 situation, the amount of participants was reduced and the final presentations were only shown for the other participants of the workshop.
The first edition of Elbow Room Lab in 2019 was aimed at circus performers specializing in aerial work, in 2020 the emphasis was in facilitating meetings with circus performers and artists from different art forms.
Participants in 2020:
– Antye Greie-Ripatti/AGF (East Germany), sound sculptress
– Merja Pöyhönen (Finland), puppeteer
– Saana Leppänen/Circus Sabok (Finland), circus performer
– Kert Ridaste/Circus Sabok (Estonia), circus performer
– Ghia Lumia (Finland), circus performer
– Ilona Jäntti/Ilmatila (Finland), circus performer
– Tuula Jeker/Ilmatila (Finland), architect, animator
– Kauri Klemelä (Finland), light design
– Inkeri Jäntti (Finland), photography/documentative photography
Images: Inkeri Jäntti