Date: 28 – 30 August, 2020
Location: Online Ultrahack
Deadline for registrations: 21st August, 2020
Are you a designer or creative wanting to explore the startup world? Do you want to upskill yourself in a real-life project with interesting startups? Want to exhibit your work at the largest design event in Northern Europe? Join the European Design Upgrade 2020 Hackathon!
21 hackathon challenges provided by startups and design teams from Finland, Ukraine and Belgium. During the hackathon creatives, designers and startups get to work together with real-life use cases.
Please all creative minds register latest 21.8.2020 to the hackathon and help us to co-create solution concepts for those challenges.
Why you should join
- Get the chance to network and employed by startups from Finland, Belgium and Ukraine
- Learn new skills with support from top-notch design mentors
- Display your work at Helsinki Design Week and Dutch Design Week 2020
- Enhance your portfolio with real-life project
- Become a member in Creative Ring community, an European-wide organization supporting creative entrepreneurs.
- and more prizes to come…
Challenges from Finland include
- Aviran Oy: Gamified education and city scaling with location-based services using wifi router data? Key words: location-based services, wifi router data, managing events, social patterns, people flow
- Crazy Town Oy: How to build and connect digital communities. Keywords: Community building, co-working, co-creation, events, digital matchmaking, digitalization, facilitation, peer-learning
- Delicode Ltd: Real-time occupancy monitoring in pandemic and post-pandemic circumstances. Keywords: marketing, development, data visualization, pandemic
- Lapponia House: Design concepts for sustainable house clusters based on movable wooden house modules. Keywords: wooden houses, mini homes, space planning, ready-to-move modules, ecological living, sustainable house clusters
- RD Physics Oy: Ready-made models/components for 3D printing DIY. Keywords: visual design, 3D print, industrial design
- Start North: FBTWLI What does the classroom of the future look like? Keywords: AR, VR, future education, virtual classroom
- Virtually Oy: Rehabilitation by patient clothing. Keywords: psychological aesthetics, product life cycle ecology, experience promoting healing, researched functionality and making it visible
- Some additional challenges from Finland will be confirmed soon …
How to join: Register individually from here latest on 21st August: https://ultrahack.org/edupgrade2020
Friday 28 August
13.00 – 14.00 Opening session
– European Design Upgrade Intro
– Design hack + objective intro
14.00 – 15.00 Checkpoint 1
15.00 Hacking Commences
20.00 – 21.00 Checkpoint 2
21:00 Community Booster
Saturday 29 August
09.00 – 09:30 Community Yoga (LIVE STREAM)
10:00 – 11:00 Mentor/Startup coffee
11.00 – 12.00 Checkpoint 3
14.00 – 14:45 Pitching training
19.00 – 20:00 Mentor/Startup coffee
20.00 – 21.00 Checkpoint 4
Sunday 30 August
09.00 DEADLINE: Pitch Submission
10.00 – 11.00 Jury Briefing
11.00 – 14.00 Pitch Streaming and Q&A
14.15 – 15.30 Jury deliberation
14.00 – 16.00 Community discussions and networking
16.00 Announcement of winners and Closing
Info and How to join: Register individually from here latest on 21st August: https://ultrahack.org/edupgrade2020
Event page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/273139823972596/
Preparatory Design programme online courses during June-July can be viewed from
As part of the Design Upgrade initiative, Urban Mill in collaboration with KFund and Creative Brussels are organizing an Online hackathon on 28-30th of August, 2020. European Design Upgrade programme will include three stages starting with online courses from mid-June onwards, leading to a hackathon at the end of August, after which, the best teams will receive an opportunity to get visibility during Dutch Design Week in October, 2020.
The main objective for this hackathon is to build the bridge between participating creatives, designers and startups. It will promote both creatives and designers and support them on a path towards entrepreneurial mindset, while enhancing their business understanding and promote use of creative contribution in startups and thus develop their offerings further.
During the hackathon, creatives, designers and startups get to work together with real-life use cases brought up by the selected startups from Finland, Belgium and Ukraine.
The globally open EDU2020 Online Hackathon for Creatives and Startups is organized by European Design Upgrade (EDU): Transnational Capacity Building consortia and co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
For more information about the EDU programme can be found https://edupgrade.design/en
Preparatory Design programme online courses during June-July can be viewed from http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL4pq4i1L-s5vQHT4ORjAQ
#EDU #edupgrade #creativeeurope #urbanmill #kfund #creativebrussels #espoo #kiev #brussels #sdg #EU